Corporate responsibility is at the heart of our business. We aim to make travel and tourism sustainable tools for economic growth, social progress and environmental protection.
There are four areas that we apply our best practices, principles and measures to. These are: environment, community, workplace, and products and services.
We’ve set ourselves some ambitious corporate responsibility targets to achieve by 2020. These range from being a completely carbon neutral business to offering new sustainable travel and tourism products.
How we’re making a difference
- We’ve worked in partnership with leading conservation and environmental charity, Wildlife and Wetlands Trust (WWT) for 4 years. We’ve donated over £250k to date.
- All our employees are encouraged to take two days’ paid leave to work with/for local community and charity organisations.
- Avios UK collectors can offset the carbon emissions from their flights by using Avios or money – supporting gold standard carbon reduction accredited projects.
- We’ve achieved the travel industry’s Green Globe Accreditation Standard.
- Our operational environmental management code is BSI EN IS014001 accredited.