Avios is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers' personal data.
What data do we collect from you?
We collect personal data from our customers. We ask for this data when you join the scheme, when you make bookings, when you enter competitions and register for promotions or when you request information. We may also collect additional data from you on a voluntary basis through surveys and other means. We may monitor or record telephone calls for training and to improve customer service.
How do we use data?
The purposes for which Data may be processed by Avios may include:
- opening an Avios account;
- accounting and audit, security, fraud prevention and investigation, system testing and development and maintenance;
- the management and administration of the Avios Scheme;
- customer profiling and other marketing and market research analysis including data matching with partners of the Avios Scheme;
- Avios may link together Data obtained from a number of sources or combine Data with data held on other Avios group company databases.
- (by or on behalf of Avios) communicating to Members information about other products, services or facilities offered by Avios or other carefully selected companies, using any contact details provided;
- to improve the service we provide to you; and
- (when making a booking) accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, immigration and customs control, security administration, systems testing, maintenance and development, customer relations to help us deal with any future dealings with you. To Suppliers to keep you updated in relation to any amendments or cancellations that may occur on your booking.
Many airlines are required by new laws introduced in the US and other countries to give border control agencies access to passenger data. Accordingly any data we hold about you and your travel arrangements may be disclosed to the customs and immigration authorities of any country in your itinerary.
Direct Marketing and who your data may be passed to
Your data may be passed to carefully selected companies that distribute Avios or companies that we think may be of interest to you. We may also pass your details to suppliers that process data on our behalf. On occasion we may use and disclose data on a collective basis for marketing and research cases but will not in such cases provide individual customer data.
Communications may be sent by post, email, fax or telephone calls. If at any time you opt out of receiving these communications we will cease all such future disclosures of data. We may need to disclose data to suppliers in order to fulfil your travel booking and maintain your Avios account.
How to remove yourself from our communication listings
If you do not wish to receive promotional mailings, simply inform us by writing to the address below. Please note that you may still receive an Avios statement as part of your membership.
Customer Account Management
PO Box 90,
If you would like to remove yourself from our communications list online you will need to log on to your account and visit the 'preferences' section. You will then be given the option to opt out of communications by mail and by electronic mail.
Use of our website
To improve our picture of your interests we may link the data that you give us with any data we have gathered 'via cookies' about your use of the site. In some cases we may also wish to share your data with other selected companies so that they can update you on promotions and services they think may be of interest to you.
You do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse our web site or to access our services. Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser.
Avios is a trading name of Avios Group (AGL) Ltd.