Avios is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information from you:
- when you join the Avios Scheme (i.e. when you become an Avios member we will collect personal information relating to you and any other additional Avios members within your account, where you have a household account);
- when you make bookings through or use the Avios website, call centres and mobile applications, or when you use the websites or loyalty programs of the partners of the Avios Scheme;
- when you enter competitions and register for promotions; and
- when you request information from Avios or make enquiries about the Avios Scheme.
- if you voluntarily complete surveys and or voluntarily provide information by other means.
- where we may have recorded telephone calls to or from you. The collection of your personal information in this context will be for training purposes and to improve our customer service.
Your personal information may also be provided to Avios by other companies, including those companies within the International Airline Group (“IAG”), who have specifically obtained your consent to share this personal information with us.
How do we use your information?
The purposes for which your personal information (and the personal information of any additional members in your household account) may be processed by Avios include the following:
- the opening and general management of your Avios account;
- the management and administration of the Avios Scheme;
- for accounting and audit purposes, as well as system testing, development and maintenance;
- to conduct direct marketing activities (see further below);
- for customer profiling and other marketing and market research analysis and activities including data matching with partners of the Avios Scheme including International Airlines Group (IAG) and other sources who have your consent to share your personal information with us;.
- to monitor and improve the service that Avios provides to you; and
- when making a booking, to perform any of the following activities: accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, immigration and customs control, security and general administration.
By becoming an Avios member, you agree that Avios may process and disclose your personal information to suppliers in order to fulfill your travel booking (which may also include the disclosure of your sensitive personal information, such as a medical condition or dietary requirements), and to keep you updated in relation to any amendments or cancellations that may occur on your booking.
We may also disclose your details to service providers that work with Avios to process information on behalf of Avios. These companies are all contractually required to protect your personal information.
What information may be disclosed to third parties?
Many airlines are required, in accordance with the laws in the United States of America and other countries, to give border control agencies access to passenger information. Accordingly, any information that Avios holds about you and your travel arrangements may be disclosed to the customs and immigration authorities of any country in your itinerary.
Avios may also process and share your personal information with third parties for security purposes and for fraud prevention and investigation –
- We may share your personal information with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, and with the partners of the Avios Scheme, their subsidiaries, sub-contractors and/or suppliers, for use in credit decisions and for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
- If false or inaccurate information is provided to Avios and fraud is identified, your details may be provided to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may also access and use this information.
- We may also share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of debt recovery.
By becoming an Avios member, you agree that your personal information may be shared with the partners of the Avios Scheme including those companies within the International Airline Group (“IAG”) who may process your personal information for purposes related to the Avios Scheme (e.g. in relation to your collection and redemption activities, or your purchases and purchasing behaviour, as an Avios member).
Your personal information may also be shared with the partners of the Avios Scheme that distribute Avios so as to update you on promotions and services, specifically in relation to the Avios Scheme.
How to remove yourself from our marketing communications?
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, simply inform us by using one of the following methods:
- Log into your Avios.com account and visit the “Manage my preferences” section under “My Account”. You will then be given the option to opt out of marketing communications.
- You can also click on the "unsubscribe" link in direct marketing emails from us to prevent further marketing emails within that email group.
- Call us on 0344 49 333 99 Web chat via Avios.com.
- Write to:
PO Box 90,
How to request a copy of your personal information
Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, you may request a copy of your personal data held by Avios Group (AGL) Limited. There is a £10 fee for this request.
The request must be in writing and must contain the following:
Your name and postal address
Any details which may help us locate the information you are requesting, for example:
Booking reference or flight numbers and dates
Avios Travel Rewards number
Telephone recording details (identifier number, the number you called from, the number and option you dialled, the date and time of your call(s)).
You must also provide:
a photocopy of your driving license or a utility bill, so that we can verify your identity
your signature and the date of the request
signed authority from the individual whose data is required if you are applying on their behalf
Please send your request to:
Data Protection Manager,
Avios group (AGL) Ltd,
Please note that you may still receive an Avios statement as part of your membership.
Cross-border transfers of personal information
Your personal information will be processed and managed in the United Kingdom by Avios Group (AGL) Ltd.
However, your personal information may also be transferred to other countries which may be subject to different laws or requirements regarding the protection of personal information. In such cases, Avios will always take steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected. These steps may include concluding appropriate agreements or requiring that appropriate technical, operational or security measures are put in place.
Avios takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that it collects and stores is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please remember that it is your responsibility to provide us with correct details as well as to update the personal information you previously provided to Avios, in the event of any changes.
Use of our website
To improve our picture of your interests we may link the data that you give us with any data we have gathered 'via cookies' about your use of the site. In some cases we may also wish to share your data with other selected companies so that they can update you on promotions and services they think may be of interest to you.
You do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse our web site or to access our services. Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser.
Avios is a trading name of Avios Group (AGL) Ltd.
Avios is a trading name of Avios Group (AGL) Ltd.