Terms and conditions
You can only collect Avios for travel on eligible sectors, booking classes and flights with selected airlines. Get the full details of applicable airlines and booking classes at the time of booking.
You can collect Avios on the class of travel you booked and paid for that appears on your ticket, not the class of travel actually flown. You must, except as mentioned below, actually travel on the sector to qualify for Avios.
You can only collect Avios once per flight, regardless of the number of seats purchased. Avios will only be awarded to the member who has travelled on the flight in the relevant sector and not to any third party.
We may, from time to time, determine the criteria for earning Avios, which may include:
- The identity of the airline
- Eligible sectors
- Eligible regions
- Eligible cabin classes
- Eligible booking classes
Codeshare flights, agency discount tickets, industry discount tickets and airline employee discount tickets are not eligible for Avios. Travel taken on Rewards and other non-cash bookings are not eligible to accrue further Avios. Infant fares are not eligible for Avios.
If you are involuntarily re-routed by an airline partner onto another carrier, and the original flight on which you were booked would have qualified for Avios, you can still collect Avios by writing to us or emailing us via our website. We will do our best to add the appropriate amount of Avios to your account but it may be necessary for you to send us details of your itinerary, including the retained segment of your boarding pass and passenger receipts to claim your missing Avios.
Avios in relation to any flight will be tracked and credited to only one account.
Avios for airline partner flights, which are not tracked automatically at the time of travel, may be credited later at our discretion. You may claim missing Avios after completion of your travel provided you were an Avios member at the time of travel and the claim is made within six months of your travel date or the relevant transaction. New members of the scheme may make a claim for travel prior to joining the scheme, provided it is claimed within three months of travel of the relevant transaction and that Avios (or equivalent) have not also been collected under any other loyalty type schemes for that activity.
In cases of dispute about entitlement to Avios, we may require proof of travel on the relevant sector, including the retained segment of the boarding pass and passenger receipts for the sector claimed to have been flown. Claims must be lodged within six months of the date of travel or three months if you are a new member.
Avios awarded for travel on airline partners shall be based on the individual airlines and where your travel begins and ends. For travel on connecting flights, Avios will be awarded as the total of the separate sectors of the trip, but on direct or through flights with one or more intermediate stops, Avios will be awarded for the ticketed point of origin to destination of travel.
You must give your membership number to the reservations agent/travel agent each time you make a booking to travel with one of our airline partners. Failure to give complete information may result in Avios not being awarded to your account.
Avios will show on your account 5-6 weeks after your departure date. If your booking is cancelled, no Avios will be awarded.
Avios will be awarded per booking, and only paid into the account of the member who made the booking and is the lead passenger. Additional passengers on the booking may claim Avios by including their membership number in the booking.
Kids Fly Free Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a resident in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland or Denmark, aged over 18, who books a Qualifying Flight, (see definition below) for a maximum of 2 children aged 12 and under and themselves or other adults who also travel on that flight. BA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this Promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.
- On Qualifying Flights booked in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the children aged 12 and under shall travel for free. British Airways reserves the right to refuse travel, charge an additional fee or cancel the entire booking if this offer is abused and the child(ren) do not travel on the same booking as the adult. For the purposes of this paragraph, the offer is abused when it is booked with no intention that the child or children named in the booking shall travel on the flight.
- For safety reasons, the offer is valid for a maximum of 2 children per adult.
- Prices include all taxes, fees and carrier charges, correct as of 1 May 2017.
- The Promotion, and Qualifying Flight applies to direct, one way or return flights between the following airports:
- London Heathrow (LHR)
- Leeds Bradford (LBA)
- Newcastle (NCL)
- Inverness (INV)
- Edinburgh (EDI)
- Belfast (BHD)
- Billund, Denmark (BLL)
- Flights must be booked between 12:00 10 May 2017 and 23:59 1 October 2017 and travel must be taken between 1 June 2017 and 31 October 2017, for flights between the above listed airports.
- There are no minimum or maximum stay periods, however, the following blackout periods apply for the Inverness (INV) route: 1 July – 5 September 2017 and 1 - 15 October 2017; and for the Edinburgh (EDI) route: 24 June -30 July 2017 and 13-23 October 2017, where, for commercial reasons, this offer will not be available.
- The Promotion applies only to flights on the routes specified above that are operated by BA from and to London Heathrow. The Promotion does not apply to travel on any other BA franchisee or alliance airline, or any flight operated by a codeshare partner.
- This offer is not available when the routes mentioned in section 5 are booked as part of a connecting flight, except in the case of connecting flights to/from Billund (BLL) from/to the UK destinations Leeds Bradford (LBA), Newcastle (NCL), Inverness (INV), Edinburgh (EDI), Belfast (BHD).
- Promotional travel must be booked, ticketed, started and finished in the UK, Ireland or Denmark.
- The Promotion does not apply to group bookings (10 or more passengers in one booking).
- Payment must be made in full at the time of booking. If booking direct with BA via telephone on 0844 493 0787 (option 2) or online at www.ba.com, payment by cheque will not be accepted. Bookings made over the telephone will carry a non-refundable £10 offline booking fee per person (including children) per ticket from the UK and 250 DKK (Danish Krone) for offline bookings made from Denmark. Calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge from the UK. Calls from mobiles may vary.
- Please note that some credit card issuers will not permit payment for air travel from the UK to be paid for on credit cards that they have issued if the billing address is outside the UK. BA does not accept responsibility for the refusal of any card issuer to allow use of its cards for payment. Prices are based on debit card payments. BA applies a charge for other payment methods, including credit cards and Paypal.
- No cash or credit alternative is available. This Promotion has no cash value.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, or deal, including but not limited to: (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agent or industry discount fares (including but not limited to agency, industry and employee discounts), inclusive holidays, group discount fares, children/infant fares, or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in the qualifying classes; (iii) bookings made with vouchers (eg shareholder’s discount vouchers); (iv) upgrades or (v) Part-payments using Avios
- All travel on BA flights is subject to BA's General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (see ba.com) and the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket and itinerary.
- Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions, found on www.ba.com/kids-fly-free, shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
- BA reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any tickets or vouchers issued free or at promotional prices in the event of major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, strike, earthquake or any actual anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of BA.
- British Airways is not liable for the reproduction of this offer or indirect access via third party websites of these terms and where such reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with this promotion.
- This promotion, and any non contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with it, is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Promoter is British Airways Plc (“BA”), Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777 England.