Terms and conditions
To exchange your Pick n Pay smart shopper points for Avios you must go to the Pick n Pay website and link your smart shopper account to the Avios Travel Rewards Programme.Customers should allow up to 5 days for accounts to be linked at which point you can then visit a Pick n Pay kiosk in store and exchangeyour smart shopper points to Avios in bundles of 800. Points will be credited to your Avios Account within 10 days.
In accordance with the provisions of Electronic Communications and Transactions Act you have 7(Seven) working days after receipt of Avios points into your account, and before they are used, to request that they are transferred back into smart shopper points. If the Avios points have been used to make Reward bookings, any Reward bookings made will need to be cancelled by paying the cancellation/amend fee as detailed on www.avios.com prior to requesting the reversal.
Standard smart shopper terms and conditions apply. For full terms and conditions see smart shopper terms and conditions
The Avios Credit Card is a branded ABSA credit card, which is issued and administered by ABSA Bank Limited, an authorised financial services and credit provider. All applications for the Avios Credit Card are administered, completed and concluded entirely by ABSA Bank Limited. Avios plays no part whatsoever in the application for an Avios Credit Card or in the completion or conclusion of a credit agreement with ABSA Bank Limited. The Avios Credit Card is subject to the ABSA Bank Credit Card Agreement Terms and Conditions
Competition terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promoter of this Competition are Pick n Pay Retailers Proprietary Limited (“Pick n Pay”) (registration number: 1973/004739/07) a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and having its registered address at 101 Rosmead Avenue, Kenilworth, 7708 (“the Promoter”)
- All persons entering the Avios/Pick n Pay Smart Shopper Competition ("the Competition") ("the Entrants") agree that the Competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. A copy of these terms and conditions is available at www.picknpay.co.za.
- These terms and conditions and competition rules contain certain terms and conditions which appear in similar text style to this clause and which:
- may limit the risk or liability of the Promoter or a third party; and/or
- may create risk or liability for the Entrant; and/or
- may compel the Entrant to indemnify the Promoter or a third party; and/or
- serves as an acknowledgement, by the Entrant, of a fact.
- the Entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- The Entrant's attention is drawn to these terms and conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Entrant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("the CPA").
- The Entrant acknowledges that by submitting his or her entry to the competition he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before entering and the he/she understands and agrees to the terms and conditions.
- All Entrants to this competition participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these terms and conditions, the Entrant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless, the relevant vendors (including Avios Travel Rewards Programme (“Avios”) Pick n Pay Retailers (Proprietary) Limited and all entities in the Pick n Pay group; their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the competition and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any indemnified party.
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- This competition opens on 1 June 2018 and closes at midnight on 31 July 2018.
- Smart Shoppers entering this competition are eligible to win the following prize:
- 6 lucky Smart Shoppers customers will each stand a chance to win 50 000 Avios Travel Rewards
- Avios Travel Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash or other prizes.
- In order to qualify as an Entrant for this competition:
- the Entrant must live in the Republic of South Africa and be 18 years or older and in possession of a valid identity document;
- the Entrant must provide correct and full personal details, as required; and
- the Entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- The competition is open to all registered Pick n Pay Smart Shoppers;
- Customers have a valid Avios Account;
- The Promoter, Pick n Pay, any entity in the Pick n Pay Group or Company, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this promotion, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the above named parties and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this promotion.
- To enter the competition, the Entrant must: hold a valid Avios Travel Rewards Programme (ATRP) membership account and must exchange their Pick n Pay Smart Shopper points for Avios between of 00:01 on 1 June 2018 and 23:59 on 31 July 2018 in order to be eligible to win 50,000 Avios.
SELECTION OF SMART SHOPPERS WHO WILL WIN A PRIZE
- Prizes winners will be selected by Pick n Pay data team, winners details (name, surname, cell phone, email address and Smart Shopper points) will be given to Avios as Avios Prizes and Promotions team will contact the winners to advise them about the campaign and announce they have won.
- Pick n Pay reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions as well as terminate the competition at any time. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Pick n Pay, Avios, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- Winners will be announced in August 2018.
- By entering the Competition in accordance with its terms, you are entering a Competition for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 ("CPA") and the Competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you receive a prize during the course of this promotion, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoter/sponsor to comply with its obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to (i) providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the reward (including providing proof of address and identity number) and (ii) signing receipt of the reward upon its delivery if required.
- The selected Entrants may be requested to take part in the Promoter's publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the Promoter for promotional purposes. Entrants are, however, entitled to decline such request.
- The Entrants further indemnify Pick n Pay and Avios entities from any claim should this Competition be called off or extended for any reason whatsoever. Consequently, all Entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against Pick n Pay or Avios.
- The Promoters shall conduct the Competition, and the Promoters’ decision on any matter related to the promotion, including the selection of winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Unused, expired and redeemed prize values cards cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned.
- All standard Pick n Pay and Smart Shopper scheme terms and conditions apply. These can be found at www.picknpay.co.za